Monday 19 October 2009

Saturday Night Dinner for friends

I love old friends...those you have known long enough that they don't mind that you serve them Covent Garden Soup Company soup as a starter, and are kind enough not to mention that the green beans are overcooked and the promised cheesecake has morphed into a Waitrose rasberry torte!

Regardless of all of the above I had a lovely time on saturday with my two friends, the prosecco flowed, and I reverted to a tried and tested favourite- Toad in the Hole- with onion gravy, chanteray carrots, green beans, swede mashed with cream butter and pepper and steamed brocolli.

The aforementioned shop bought soup was Tomato and Basil which I enriched with a little double cream and a sprinkling of finely chopped flat leaf parsley.

Following the fine Waitorse torte served with more pouring cream (see a cream theme here?) I was delighted to nibble on a few matchmakers- those retro chocolate twigs from the 80's that are so deliciously moreish that as we watched and criticised the acts on X Faxtor- the box was soon empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment